Saturday 2 April 2011

Jessica Stam for RUSSH #39 April/May 2011

Jessica Stam for RUSSH April/May 2011








When this editorial first came online at RUSSH I was impressed and very unimpressed at the same time. Jessica Stam was a perfect casting choice for the above looks. But the other grungey casual looks which I have chosen not to post because I aesthetically disliked them so much, did not suit Jessica Stam at all and perhaps should have been confined to a separate editorial with another model. It also brought me much sadness to see that so many of the above looks were created using RUSSH customised fabric and with the focus not actually on the clothes themselves. Yes, the fabrics are beautiful and there is no doubt that it makes this editorial really shine but in my opinion fashion editor Stevie Dance has been relying on this technique too frequently. I love RUSSH for it's originality and beauty but the use of additional fabrics, especially the mesh ones, have become too predictable.

No comments:

Post a Comment