Sunday 9 October 2011

Alberta Ferretti Spring 2012 RTW

Hanne Gaby Odiele

Daga Ziober

Emily Baker

Daga Ziober

Alberta Ferretti's latest collection was excessively bright in a gaudy way (not that you could tell from the pieces I have chosen above) and featured a vague African tribal theme throughout. This can be seen in the opaque/sheer pattern contrasts and the crocheted dresses. Ferretti could have pulled off such a bold move had her tailoring been more refined and purposeful. A lot of what I saw did not flatter the female figure at all as there were few instances marrying of clothing with the body. Something was just not quite right and there were many instances where, had there not been such little annoying weaknesses, I would have chosen more to post on. This will not go down as a memorable collection by Ferretti and what's more, the pieces I have chosen remind me of one of my favourite Dolce & Gabbana seasons - please, find your voice again Alberta and then we can talk.

No comments:

Post a Comment