Sunday 9 October 2011

Antonio Berardi Spring 2012 RTW

Bette Franke

Karo Mrozkova

Jia Jing

Bette Franke

Julia Nobis

Suzie Bird

Rose Smith

Josephine Skriver

Bette Franke

I have posted on Antonio Berardi's collection because I like the (typically masculine) strength he displays in the feminine style, cuts and embellishments he uses. It may not be a first class collection but Berardi shows a lot of potential and I hope he will refine his vision a little more. The body-con look and the sheer cut-outs, in addition to his stunning drapery and tailoring, are strengths he should definitely pursue. The sparkling embellished tribal pants remind me of Australian label Sass & Bide's long flirtation with the tribal look and I'd love to see it taken on by someone with a priority for quality fabric and cuts. In this collection Berardi has done a bit of everything which shows his range but he has also struggled to create a cohesive theme and purpose. I need to know who a Berardi woman is and right now I'm not sure. Good work though.

No comments:

Post a Comment