Monday 17 January 2011

Emilio Pucci Pre-Fall 2011

Patricia van der Vliet

Patricia van der Vliet

Patricia van der Vliet

Patricia van der Vliet

Patricia van der Vliet

Patricia van der Vliet

Peter Dundas has evolved Emilio Pucci into a little more mature and restrained label this pre-Fall collection. By doing so, he is opening up his market to the flamboyant and the quietly confident woman. I particularly admire the first piece pictured - the pink, red, orange and maroon print dress - coupled with the supremely divine knee-high boots reminds me of a 70s hipster ('where and when can I buy these?' is my first response). Also the scarfe adds a sophisticated French/Italian touch. The most important thing Dundas has done in this collection is his matching of tones, colours,  prints and textures. It is a hard thing to pull off - especially the picture of the all-red toned outfit above. I am very impressed with this collection and I hope this is a sign of similar things to come this Fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment