Thursday 24 February 2011

Proenza Schouler Fall 2011 RTW

Tara Gill

Jacquelyn Jablonski

Daria Strokous

Bette Franke

I was little bit surprised this season when I could only find four piece's in the Proenza Schouler Fall 2011 collection to get excited about. As usual, my criteria, the co-ordination of the overall "look", innovative design and/or aesthetic, excellent tailoring etc, were being used and the above are brilliant examples of pieces that completely fulfil this blog's criteria. I love the Aztec/tribal feeling that this collection is imbued with. The first piece especially reminds me of Dries Van Noten's mastery of the loose-fitting, block colour and print combination. I would have like this theme to be extended as it truly is a trademark strength of the Proenza Schouler brand, but maybe next time perhaps?

No comments:

Post a Comment