Tuesday 22 March 2011

Arizona Muse - Editorial - Vogue China April 2011











I must say that all of this fuss and hype over Arizona Muse has caught me a little bit by surprise. Much of her editorial work and a lot of her runway work I just feel isn't particularly special. When I came across this editorial photographed by Paolo Roversi in Vogue China April 2011, I certainly had to re-consider my judgement of her. I have previously posted on an editorial Muse did for Dazed & Confused, thus I have now found two instances where she has defied my expectations. This gives me enough solid ground to state that she is a  definite talent in modelling and has the potential to convey a strong presence in particular supportive contexts. I would not go as far as to say that she has the talent of Freja Beha Erichsen or Abbey Lee Kershaw yet, but it is not out of the realm of possibilities. What I believe she must do is cultivate her uniqueness and strength - namely, her hair, eyebrows and eyes - as they really pierce a picture and make you take notice. Of course, she naturally has a figure that lends well to modelling, but I'd like to note that it is really no one's business to provide opinions or judgements on that matter, as long as the person is healthy and happy. I really look forward to seeing what Muse does next as her career continues to develop.

No comments:

Post a Comment